Exactly one month from now, I will be joining the Nike We Run Manila 10K Run with my friends at work. I’ve started joining Fun Runs annually since 2010 in 3K to 5K categories without a proper training. To be honest, I never imagined myself joining a 10K run, because I felt and thought that I won’t make it to the finish line. Although I run, I was never a runner. Who am I to belittle my capability? Yes, I am scared, but I should believe in myself. Right? 🙂
What are my reasons of joining this 10K run?
1. I want to be more physically active and healthy through exercise by strictly following a 10K training plan and to lose weight.
2. I want to challenge myself and my body and test how far can I go on my own.
3. I want to try something new that I never have tried before.
4. I want to start the race in proper form and finish the line injury-free.
5. I want to enjoy the exhilarating experience with my friends.
“Everyone is capable of greatness.”